Start a career in software development with our job ready programmes in Christchurch!
Industry Connect run the largest Software Job Ready Programmes in New Zealand, and we’ve just opened a new premises in Christchurch. Our approach is to help you land a software developer or tester job by learning and doing in the Real Commercial World at software companies.
We’ll make you job ready in 12 weeks with our proven formula, and you can stay with us until you land a job.
Why you should sign up
Our programmes are specifically designed to boost your ability to get your first software job and start your career in the New Zealand software industry. Our unique programmes will teach the technologies we use everyday at work and provide local NZ work experience on large commercial projects for participants, graduates, new immigrants and even people considering changing careers entirely.
By joining the programme you virtually guarantee yourself a job in the software sector. At the very least you give yourself an advantage over all other graduates looking for work with you!
How our job-ready programs work
It’s not like university. There are no teachers here, only professional developers. We run sessions by software developers from work space. There’ll be no books, no assignments and no marks! We focus on research and resolving commercial problems, not ticking boxes. You’re here to learn and we teach you only practical stuff, like how to code. Together we develop an app, and after three months of working with us, you will be a serious mobile developer.
Java/Android job ready
Why learn Java:
- Android system used in 45% Smartphones globally.
- It could get you a job more quickly. Booming Job Prospects.
- Java is very similar to C#, easy to learn.
- Android app developers make good money.
iOS Job Ready
Why learn iOS:
- iOS developers are always in-demand on the market.
- Swift was designed to remove complexity.
- iPhone/iPad products got great reputation.
- People say iOS produces better looking apps.
- You love Apple and have got a Mac computer.
Business Intelligence Job Ready
Why learn BI
- Excel is Primary Tool for Self-Service BI
- Cloud-Based Self-Service BI.
- Mobile Support.
- Great tool for data visualisation.
- SSRS report builder
- Report Builder
- Build reports for relational database & data cube
- Build tabular, Matrix reports.
- Grouping and Expression.
- SSRS reports developer is high in-demand in NZ.
Salesforce Job Ready
Why learn Salesforce
- Salesforce is an Open Platform.
- Integration is great.
- Salesforce Has Gone Mobile.
- Salesforce is Scalable.
- Salesforce is high in demand in NZ job market.
Each of the four new programmes have the same duration:
- 2 months plus commercial project internship.
- 2 sessions per week at developer programme in the evenings
- 2 sessions per week at Java/Android specific programme during the days
- Full-time or part-time at commercial project internship (Agile-Scrum)
If you are interested in any of our Job Ready Programmes in Christchurch, then give us a call today and speak to one of our friendly staff members.
What is Industry Connect?
We have been helping career changers, recent IT graduates and people with career gap to start their IT/software careers.
Over the years, we have helped hundreds kick-start an IT/software career. (Verifiable evidences are available on this website)
We are an innovative software training school backed by global/local software companies. Our ecosystem is an incubation process that supports our participants until they launch a tech career.
Our Job-Ready training programmes focus on,
- Software Development
- Business Intelligence (or Data Analyst)
- Test Analyst
- Six Weeks Training Classes (Practical Tech Skills)
- Three Months (or more) Structured Internship on Large Commercial-Scale Projects (Learning enhanced, flexible Hours)
- Employer Network (job analysis and internal referral if goals are met)
You can join us via Zoom (live face-to-face meeting) remotely from anywhere and "download" the valuable knowledge & experiences from our tech experts across different tech centres.