If becoming a software developer is something that interests you, then Industry Connect can help. We have created special software development courses, each designed for a specific area of the industry. Each have their own advantages, and each will give you a head start in the search for a job.
With us, you will learn amazing, state of the art techniques and skills that are used in the everyday running of a software company. Our software developer programmes have been created by experienced IT business owners and are and designed to help you get the most out of your time here with us.
The programmes are open to everyone, but you’ll find it particularly helpful if you’re an undergraduate. There is so much to learn in the IT sector, but, and more importantly, everything changes at such a rapid pace, that there’s always something new to learn. Because of this, everyone can benefit from our programme, however, the people will get the most out of it are:
- A final-year student, international student or recent graduate from university
- A graduate job seeker looking for your first job opportunity
- An IT professional who wants to make the switch to software development
- A motivated, aspiring software developer with a passion for IT
- An immigrant who previously worked in software development
This month we created four new programmes!
Industry Connect are happy to announce four new job-ready programmes to help land those software developer jobs.
Industry Connect first started these programmes to help small groups grow their software development skills, but quickly evolved to keep up with the ever-growing and changing IT world. Today it’s not just enough to know what you’re doing, you also need to have the communication skills, the contacts and the social skills to back it all up.
These four new courses are a testament to that ever changing world, and how we try to keep up with it.
How it works
It’s not like university. There are no teachers here, only professional developers. We run sessions by software developers from work space. There’ll be no books, no assignments and no marks! We focus on research and resolving commercial problems, not ticking boxes. You’re here to learn and we teach you only practical stuff, like how to code. Together we develop an app, and after three months of working with us, you will be a serious mobile developer.
Java/Android job ready
Why learn Java:
- Android system used in 45% Smartphones globally.
- It could get you a job more quickly. Booming Job Prospects.
- Java is very similar to C#, easy to learn.
- Android app developers make good money.
iOS Job Ready
Why learn iOS:
- iOS developers are always in-demand on the market.
- Swift was designed to remove complexity.
- iPhone/iPad products got great reputation.
- People say iOS produces better looking apps.
- You love Apple and have got a Mac computer.
Business Intelligence Job Ready
Why learn BI
- Excel is Primary Tool for Self-Service BI
- Cloud-Based Self-Service BI.
- Mobile Support.
- Great tool for data visualisation.
- SSRS report builder
- Report Builder
- Build reports for relational database & data cube
- Build tabular, Matrix reports.
- Grouping and Expression.
- SSRS reports developer is high in-demand in NZ.
Salesforce Job Ready
Why learn Salesforce
- Salesforce is an Open Platform.
- Integration is great.
- Salesforce Has Gone Mobile.
- Salesforce is Scalable.
- Salesforce is high in demand in NZ job market.
Each of the four new programmes have the same duration:
- 2 months plus commercial project internship.
- 2 sessions per week at developer programme in the evenings
- 2 sessions per week at Java/Android specific programme during the days
- Full-time or part-time at commercial project internship (Agile-Scrum)
If you are interested in any of our Job Ready Programmes, then give us a call today and speak to one of our friendly staff members.
What is Industry Connect?
We have been helping career changers, recent IT graduates and people with career gap to start their IT/software careers.
Over the years, we have helped hundreds kick-start an IT/software career. (Verifiable evidences are available on this website)
We are an innovative software training school backed by global/local software companies. Our ecosystem is an incubation process that supports our participants until they launch a tech career.
Our Job-Ready training programmes focus on,
- Software Development
- Business Intelligence (or Data Analyst)
- Test Analyst
- Six Weeks Training Classes (Practical Tech Skills)
- Three Months (or more) Structured Internship on Large Commercial-Scale Projects (Learning enhanced, flexible Hours)
- Employer Network (job analysis and internal referral if goals are met)
You can join us via Zoom (live face-to-face meeting) remotely from anywhere and "download" the valuable knowledge & experiences from our tech experts across different tech centres.